AGA Job Openings
The following jobs are open at the AGA national office:
Plans, directs, coordinates, and administers membership acquisition, renewal, and benefits and promotional programs by performing duties personally or through subordinates. Manages the daily operations for the member services department, including customer/member relations, database management, data integrity, report generation, customer transactions, and the membership application approval and renewal processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs or oversees, through subordinates, all functions of member and customer services.
- Establishes short and long range goals to achieve the organization’s membership objectives.
- Manages member services staff. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; helping subordinates address day-to-day problems, monitoring and evaluating subordinates’ performance; rewarding and disciplining subordinates; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Suggests improvements in procedures, methods and cost controls.
- Manages and directs the membership application process.
- Prepares and manages member services program budgets.
- Assists the marketing department in the development and implementation of membership recruitment and retention strategies and activities.
- Works with the marketing department to evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment and retention strategies, including membership fees, membership category structure and member benefits, and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Assists the marketing department in developing reports on membership demographics and activities, membership statistics, etc.
- Assists accounting department with member accounting issues.
- Assists other departments in identifying, creating, planning, and developing new member programs and services.
- Manages resource center and membership booth at annual meeting.
- Seven or more years of experience working in a member services with increasing job responsibilities and a minimum of four years managing in a membership department. Non-profit healthcare-related experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four year college or university; or related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with an association management system (Avectra netFORUM highly preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Excel and Access databases.
Responsible for managing the development, maintenance and integrity of the AGA data registries under the Center for GI Innovation and Technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Main staff person to guide the development and ongoing management of device registries under the Center for GI Innovation and Technology (Center).
- Support the registry infrastructure, develop new processes, establish and maintain timelines, and monitor budgets.
- Work with the Center Executive Management Board (EMB) to manage existing registries and to assess potential new opportunities.
- Support the process of registry protocol development and coordination with the external sponsor(s) and the Contract Research Organization (CRO).
- Manage the work of the registry Primary (PI) and Co-Investigators (CI) and Registry Champion.
- Manage contracts, work products and relationships with outside vendors that support aspects of the device registries (i.e. the CRO).
- Manage relationships with registry partners (i.e. sponsoring companies, CRO, etc.), coordinate, lead and participate in calls and meetings as necessary.
- Coordinate, manage and attend all registry planning meetings.
- Work with the CRO to ensure reports are obtained and disseminated in accordance with established timelines.
- Work with the VP of Innovation and Health Economics and the Center EMB to identify and develop other registry resources, as needed
- Develop monthly registry progress reports for AGA and sponsoring entities.
- Coordinate with external groups (i.e. FDA, CMS, private payors, etc.) to identify necessary registry endpoints, as necessary.
- Manage invoice development and fee processing to appropriate groups (i.e. CRO, registry sites, etc.).
- Develop and manage a registry publication process.
- Ensure registries activities and processes are in line with registry quality requirements.
- Develop request for proposals (RFPs) to support registry development and management, as necessary.
- Write and/or edit articles for all appropriate AGA communication vehicles, as necessary.
- Coordinate with AGA Communications and Marketing departments to promote registry activities and relationships, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in a health-related field preferred.
- Minimum of five to seven years of work experience with at least three years of work experience with medical registries and/or clinical studies is required.
- Experience managing specialty society registries is desirable.
- Committee/Group management experience is essential. Experience in a non-profit/specialty society environment is preferred.
- Excellent written, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills essential.
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and databases mandatory.