AGA Job Openings
- Director of Member Services
- Manager of Measure Development
- Coordinator of Assessment Development
- Marketing Manager
Plans, directs, coordinates, and administers membership acquisition, renewal, and benefits and promotional programs by performing duties personally or through subordinates. The position manages the daily operations for the member services department, including customer/member relations, database management, data integrity, report generation, customer transactions, and the membership application approval and renewal processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs or oversees, through subordinates, all functions of member and customer services.
- Establishes short- and long-range goals to achieve the organization’s membership objectives.
- Manages member services staff. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; helping subordinates address day-to-day problems through coaching, monitoring and evaluating subordinates’ performance; rewarding and disciplining subordinates; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Suggests improvements in procedures, methods and cost controls.
- Manages and directs the membership application process.
- Prepares and manages member services program budgets.
- Assists the marketing department in the development and implementation of membership recruitment and retention strategies and activities.
- Works with the marketing department to evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment and retention strategies, including membership fees, membership category structure and member benefits, and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Serves as staff liaison to AGA’s member constituency committees and oversees committee programs.
- Assists accounting department with member accounting issues.
- Assists other departments in identifying, creating, planning, and developing new member programs and services.
- Manages resource center and membership booth at annual meeting.
- Seven or more years of experience working in a member services with increasing job responsibilities and a minimum of four years managing in a membership department. Non-profit healthcare-related experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four year college or university; or related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with an association management system (Avectra netFORUM highly preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Excel and Access databases.
Support the development, coordination and publication of clinical decision algorithms and performance measures. This position serves as staff liaison to Multi-Society Performance Measures Development Group, to identify current and upcoming clinical and quality issues and trends, and assist AGA staff in the formulation, coordination, and implementation of relevant organizational policies, programs, services and products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing and implementing performance measures in AGA’s quality programs and for PQRS
- Serve as Liaison to the Multi-Society Performance Measures Development Group.
- Assist in developing clinical decision support tools (algorithms) derived from evidence-based guidelines.
- Maintain project timelines; ensure that projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and participate in meetings and teleconferences as needed.
- Work with Marketing and Communications. Write and edit articles, marketing materials and web content as needed to market the AGA’s Quality efforts and measure development.
- Maintain a positive attitude and professional work ethic.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from a four year college or university required.
- Advanced proficiency with computers and MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to learn project management software.
- Interest in health care policy/administration preferred.
- Eager to learn; keen attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills essential.
The American Gastroenterology Association seeks a candidate responsible for supporting the GI training initiatives including programs, policies and related graduate medical education (GME) issues. Efforts largely focused in providing technical and administrative support in the development of the Gastroenterology Training Examination, in collaboration with the Director and Manager, as well as technical assistance in development and support of live and online educational initiatives. Other administrative duties assigned as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates aspects of exam material development, develops and manages content databases, and assists in the coordination of item development for internal/external reviews.
- Aides in the performance of quality checks on exam items, manuals, user guides, etc. Provides quality content editing to sections of user guides and manuals. Assists as a test examiner in pilot testing.
- Assists the Training Director and Manager with managing and communicating test specifications, research plans and results.
- Supports the Training Director and Manager in the development and implementation of online educational initiatives such as webinars, resource libraries, modules, etc.
- Supports the Training Director and Manager administratively in the implementation of live educational programming.
- Performs occasional administrative duties such as filing (hardcopy and electronic), maintenance of various project overview timelines, compilation of agenda materials in electronic format, etc.
- Completes additional projects, and other duties as assigned, that arise at anytime during the year, commensurate with position requirements.
- Manages content databases, including: item content and associated metadata forms/test specifications, image/art and administration.
- Assists in the development of test materials (and quality checks), including: item writing, digital content, test forms, software requirements, training materials, technical manuals and user guides.
- Aides in the coordination of development work with external vendors, including: item writing, software requirements, image/art specifications, etc.
- Supports the Training Director and Manager in various activities in test development. Support includes drafting materials for Director/Manager’s review, mocking up samples of deliverables, and editing materials, among others.
- Supports the Training Director and Manager in the development and implementation of online educational initiatives such as webinars, resource libraries, modules, etc. Support includes such items as, but not limited to: troubleshooting and providing technical assistance during webinars, assist in the development of online modules through eLearning portals, assist in the maintenance of online resource library content.
- Supports the Training Director and Manager administratively in the implementation of live educational programming. Support includes such items as, but not limited to: coordinating meeting materials for shipment (packing/shipping), assistance with syllabus development and document filing, as needed.
- Responds to general inquiries and fulfills requests for information.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least two-three years relevant administrative/ related work experience preferred.
- Experience in assessment or educational publishing preferred.
- Proficient with web research and experience using the Microsoft Office suite programs including, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of electronic database programs including Access is helpful and desired.
- Proficiency entering and manipulating data in various database programs.
- Strong written communication and analytical skills.
- Experience with tracking high volume of information.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, precision and attending to detailed written and numerical data.
- Flexibility and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team, as well as under deadlines.
- Communicate effectively and synthesize and generalize information across projects.
- Familiarity with SQL and XML is a plus.
- Familiarity with various webinar platforms and similar online educational technological systems, desired.
The American Gastroenterological Association seeks a candidate responsible for working with the Director of Marketing and AGA staff to develop and implement marketing strategies that can include: membership recruitment and retention, AGA PAC, AGA Foundation, AGA Institute, promotion of AGA products and services, and coordination of trade show activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements, and tracks marketing strategies and tactics to advance the goals and objectives of AGA and AGA Institute.
- Initiates and manages marketing projects, including direct mail, advertising, Internet, broadcast fax and email, social media, etc.
- Monitors the financial status and prospects of the programs and activities under her/his purview. Ensures that expenditures are appropriately authorized and within budget.
- Maintains relationships with and manages internal and external designers and printers.
- Works with the Director of Marketing and staff from other departments to develop marketing concepts, including copy and design approaches, which adhere to and build on the AGA brand. Writes and edits copy.
- Develops project timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensures measurement techniques are built into marketing activities, tracks marketing results and provides reports on individual projects.
- Monitors individual project budgets.
- Monitors the financial status and prospects of the programs and activities under his/her purview. Ensures that expenditures are appropriately authorized and within budget.
- Maintains relationships with and manages internal and external design agencies and printers.
- Quotes design and print to outside vendors on a project by project basis.
- Works with designers to ensure designs meet project requirements as well as overall AGA design standards.
- Supervises print buying and print production.
- Writes promotional articles for AGA print and electronic publications. Works with the Director of Marketing to identify newsworthy events involving membership programs, products and services. Develops articles that will complement existing marketing efforts for said programs, products and services. Coordinates placement of articles with Editor/Program Director.
- Tracks competition and maintains an archive of marketing collateral.
- Coordinates trade show exhibit activities.
- Degree in marketing or related experience (preferably health care related).
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in all aspects of marketing, advertising, and e-commerce. Experience in social media marketing a plus.
- Experience working in a membership organization developing, implementing and tracking membership recruitment and retention plans.
- Experience working with designers and experience in print buying and management.