AGA works with Congress, regulatory agencies and other health-care organizations to ensure GIs have the needed resources to take care of and concentrate on their patients. AGA advocates for members in all areas of practice including Medicare, coding, third party reimbursement, and health policy and regulation. We also work hard to ensure our members are educated and knowledgeable in these areas that directly relate to their practice of medicine.
In addition, AGA is building strong relationships with the FDA through our involvement in the Network of Experts programs. Learn more.
- CMS Releases 2013 Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule
- CMS Releases 2013 ASC/OPPS Final Rule
- 2012 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule Summary
- 2012 Final Rule: ASC Prospective Payment System
- CPT Coding Updates
- AMA/Specialty Society Relative Value Update Committee (RUC)
Fecal Microbiota Transplant
- How Will ACO Final Rule Impact Your Practice?
- AGA responds to ACO proposed rule
- The top 10 things GIs should know now about ACOs
- AGA assumes task of deconstructing ACO proposed rule and what it means for GI
- What GIs need to know about accountable care organizations
- Multi-Society Statement on Propofol Administration
- Societies Issue Recommendations on Nonanesthesiologist Administration of Propofol for GI Endoscopy
- www.sedationfacts.org - News and information from AGA, ASGE and SGNA
- BCBS-TN Abandons Policy on Anesthesia for Endoscopy Services
- AGA Institute Commends Delay of Aetna Sedation Restrictions
- Letter to Aetna Regarding Sedation Policy
- AGA Institute Review of Endoscopic Sedation: Gastroenterologist-Directed Sedation Safe and Effective for Endoscopic Procedures
- Joint GI Society Consensus Statement on Sedation During Endoscopic Procedures
- Dr. Douglas Rex Discusses Endoscopist-Directed Administration of Propofol Based on His Research Published in Gastroenterology