Women's Leadership Conference — Experienced Track
Feb. 6 & 7, 2015
Westin Dallas Fort Worth
Taught by renowned faculty specializing in coaching and professional career development, this conference will teach you the skills necessary to assume and maintain a leadership role in your own institution or practice setting.
The program is divided into two segments: 1) introduction to fundamental leadership concepts and preparation for peer coaching exercises and 2) hands-on sessions with a small group of young women GIs.
- Call for Applications
- Learning Objectives
- Registration Information
- Additional Information
The application period is now closed. Candidates will be notified of acceptance in September and will have one week to finalize the registration process by confirming participation and paying the attendance fee.
- Candidates must hold an MD, PhD or equivalent degree.
- Candidates in this category must hold a full-time position of Senior-Associate professor (or equivalent); be a full-time clinician in a private practice; or be a full-time researcher in a private sector, nonprofit or government setting, and must be established in the field of gastroenterology.
- More than seven years shall have elapsed following the completion of clinical training (GI fellowship or its equivalent) and the application date.
- Women in a variety of professional activity settings are encouraged to apply.
- AGA membership is required to attend. Please visit the membership page or call 301-941-2651 for membership information.
- 2014 conference attendees are not eligible to attend the 2015 conference
- Understand success factors for women GI leaders.
- Through guided self-assessment and reflection, identify current communication and leadership styles and develop strategies for improvement.
- Enhance skills necessary for conducting difficult conversations, including negotitaion.
- Learn keys to career advancement and making a successful career change.
- Distinguish mentoring from promoting and learn the characteristics of effective mentoring.
- Provide coaching to junior attendees via small working groups on day 2.
Attendees will leave with a toolkit of skills and activities to share with others.
Accepted candidates will be provided with a link to complete the conference registration process.
Hotel reservations can be booked once you are notified of acceptance. Accommodation information listed below is for planning/budget purposes only.
Westin Dallas Fort Worth
4545 W. John Carpenter Freeway
Irving, TX 75063
Room rate: $99 per night, single or double occupancy (+15% tax)
The hotel is located just five minutes from the Dallas Fort Worth Airport. The hotel provides complimentary pick up and drop off to the airport, as well as complimentary self-parking for hotel guests.
If accepted, you are responsible for making your hotel arrangements directly with the property. The registration fee does not include hotel arrangements, ground transportation or any incidentals related to traveling to the conference.