Women's Leadership Conference — Young GI Track
Feb. 6–7, 2015
Westin Dallas Fort Worth
Taught by renowned faculty specializing in coaching and professional career development, this two-day conference will teach you the skills necessary to assume and maintain a leadership role in your own institution or practice setting.
Take advantage of presentations by renowned faculty specializing in coaching and professional career development and hands-on sessions with leading women gastroenterologists.
- Call for Applications
- Learning Objectives
- Registration Information
- Additional Information
The application period is now closed. Candidates will be notified of acceptance in September and will have one week to finalize the registration process by confirming participation and paying the attendance fee.
- Candidates must hold an MD, PhD or equivalent degree and a full-time position.
- The conference is intended to support young GIs (not fellows). No more than seven years shall have elapsed following the completion of clinical training (GI fellowship or its equivalent) and the application date.
- Women in a variety of professional activity settings are encouraged to apply.
- AGA membership is required to attend. Please visit the membership page or call 301-941-2651 for membership information.
- 2014 conference attendees are not eligible to attendee the 2015 conference.
- Understand success factors for women GI leaders.
- Develop tools for planning your career path and balancing personal and professional responsibilities.
- Identify potential challenges and pitfalls facing women in leadership.
- Enhance skills necessary for conducting difficult conversations, including negotitaion.
Attendees will leave with a toolkit of skills and activities to share with others.
Accepted candidates will be provided with a link to complete the conference registration process. This fee includes breakfast, lunch and one reception.
Hotel reservations can be booked once you are notified of acceptance. Accommodation information listed below is for planning/budget purposes only.
Westin Dallas Fort Worth
4545 W. John Carpenter Freeway
Irving, TX 75063
Room rate: $99 per night, single or double occupancy (+15% tax)
The hotel is located just five minutes from the Dallas Fort Worth Airport. The hotel provides complimentary pick up and drop off to the airport, as well as complimentary self-parking for hotel guests.
If accepted, you are responsible for making hotel arrangements directly with the property. The registration fee does not include hotel arrangements, ground transportation or any incidentals related to the conference.