GI SAM: Cancers of the GI Tract and Functional Bowel Disorders
Member Benefit: physician members (who have graduated from a GI fellowship program within the last three years) and trainee members receive complimentary access to GI SAM®.
Pricing (per module):
CME expiration: September 16, 2014
The GI SAM® series of online self-assessments modules is an interactive, intuitive product that will assess your current knowledge of specific gastroenterology- and hepatology-related topics. The complete series will include eight modules covering 16 topics, offering you access to a wide variety of GI and hepatology topics.
Associate Series Editor
John F. Kuemmerle, Jr., MD, AGAF
Professor of Medicine and Physiology
Associate Chair of GI Research
Medical College of Virginia Campus
Virginia Commonwealth University
Seth R. Sweetser, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Shilpa Grover, MD, MPH
Instructor of Medicine
Harvard Medical School
Brigham and Women's Hospital and
Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center
Yehuda Ringel, MD, AGAF
Associate Professor of Medicine
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
UNC School of Medicine
Upon completing this educational activity, successful learners will be able to:
- Identify their own knowledge gaps.
- Apply new knowledge to their practice.
- Compare their knowledge to that of their peers.
- Continuous author review and updates for ongoing accuracy and updated treatment protocols.
- Up to 10 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM and 10 points towards ABIM Maintenance of Certification (MOC).
- 25 questions with instant feedback.
- References for further study.
- Detailed images and videos to further clarify important points.
- A detailed score report identifying areas where further review is needed.
- Can be accessed anytime, anywhere.
Other GI SAM modules currently available:
- GI Imaging and Endoscopic Therapy & Cirrhosis and Liver Transplantation
- Inflammatory/Metabolic Liver Disease and Disorders of the Esophagus
- Digestive Health and Disease in Women
- Disorders of the Stomach and Viral Hepatitis
- Disorders of the Pancreas and GI Motility
The AGA Institute is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The AGA Institute designates this educational activity for a maximum of 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In accordance with the ACCME’s Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education, all faculty and planning partners must disclose any financial relationship(s) or other relationship(s) held within the past 12 months. AGA Institute implements a mechanism to identify and resolve all conflicts of interest prior to delivering the educational activity to learners.