Physicians & Scientists Membership
|Download an application to mail or fax in.|
Are you looking for the prorated membership dues chart?
Stay Up-to-Date with the latest GI news and research.
- Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology (CGH): Official monthly clinical practice journal of the AGA Institute.
- Gastroenterology: Leading monthly journal in the field of GI.
- GI & Hepatology News: Official newspaper of the AGA Institute providing commentary about clinical developments and the impact of health-care policy.
- AGA eDigest: Weekly e-newsletter covering important topics and news from the AGA Institute.
- AGA Perspectives: Bimonthly magazine where experts debate today’s most controversial GI topics.
- Today in Medicine: Daily news feed featuring the day’s top headlines.
Connect and Engage with colleagues who share your passions and face similar challenges.
- Mentor and Advisor Program: Informal career advice and networking opportunities, including one-on-one mentoring and an advisory forum.
- Member Directory: Online directory featuring contact information for all AGA members.
- Section Affiliations: Twelve special interest groups. AGA members can join up to four.
- Committees: Each is assigned a mission and set of responsibilities associated with a particular area within the association. You must apply or be nominated for a committee appointment.
- Researcher Directory: Online platform dedicated to uniting researchers from around the world.
- Academy of Educators: The home for educators within the AGA.
- Social Media: Interact with AGA through a variety of social networks.
- www.gastro.org: Access members-only resources and stay connected all day, every day.
Improve Your Skill Set with access to a variety of educational opportunities offered free or at a discount.
- AGA Gastroenterology Training Examination: Educational assessment tool designed to measure the progress of training and promote continuous improvement.
- Self-Study Products: Discounts on DDSEP® 7 and GI SAM® — programs that have long been used by GIs to increase proficiency in the fields of gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition.
- Digestive Disease Week® (DDW): The world’s largest gathering of GI professionals and one of the top 50 medical meetings.
- AGA Spring Postgraduate Course: AGA Institute’s flagship educational course covering both basic science and clinical topics.
- AGA Clinical Congress: Annual meeting featuring review of major clinical topics and hands-on endoscopy courses.
Advance Your Career with a variety of professional development opportunities.
- Publish with AGA: Submit your research for publication in AGA’s premier journals and your abstracts for consideration for presentation at DDW.
- Research and Travel Awards: Find nearly $1.2 million in research funding to encourage basic, clinical and translational discovery in GI and hepatology.
- GICareerSearch.com: AGA Institute’s premier online career center to fill or find a position.
Gain a Voice on Capitol Hill with AGA advocacy and Political Action Committee.
- Mission: Work closely with government and regulatory agencies to ensure the needs of GIs are being met.
- Agenda: Develops and implements a rigorous public policy agenda, including issues relating to all aspects of GI.
- AGA PAC: The only political action committee supported by a national gastroenterology society.
- AGA Washington Insider Blog: Gives you an inside view on Hill news.
Thrive in the new world of accountable care.
- Roadmap to the Future of GI: Program created to deliver high-value care, demonstrate quality and maximize revenue.
- AGA Digestive Health Recognition Program™: Provides a fast, fully-integrated way to gain Bridges to Excellence recognition, meet CMS Physician Quality Reporting System requirements and demonstrate excellence to payors across the nation.
- Clinical Service Lines: Supports practices in delivering high quality, cost-efficient care to patients. Available for IBD, Colorectal Cancer and Hepatitis C.
Join AGA and save.
|GI & Hepatology News||$219|
Journal prices are 2014 rates.
* Eligible physicians must have completed their GI fellowship program within the last three years to receive complimentary access.
Membership is open to physicians, surgeons, scientists and other persons residing in North America (U.S., Canada and Mexico) who have: a demonstrated, continued interest in gastroenterology and have appropriate qualifications, certification and/or credentials in gastroenterology, gastroenterology education and/or graduate training (MD, PhD, ScD, DVM, DO or equivalent).
Annual dues (based on GI training completion date)
|Fellowship Completed:||Dues Amount|
|Jan. – Dec. 2013||$145|
|Jan. – Dec. 2012||$245|
|Jan. – Dec. 2011||$295|
For Mexico Residents Only
International Corresponding Membership — Category I
One-time application fee: $25
Annual Dues: $205
Contact AGA Member Services at 301-941-2651 or send an email to the membership department.
AGA acknowledges the following supporter: Takeda Pharmaceuticals North America, Inc.: AGA Perspectives.