CMS Announces Education Sessions on EHR Rules
CMS will have a series of national provider calls addressing the specifics of the Medicare and Medicaid electronic health record (EHR) incentive programs for hospitals and individual practitioners. This program will provide specifics on what you need to participate in the incentive programs, including:
- Who is eligible.
- How much the incentives are and how they are calculated.
- What you need to do to get started.
- When the program begins and other major milestones regarding participation and payment.
- How to report on meaningful use measures.
- Where to find helpful resources.
- EHR incentive program for eligible professionals (MDs) — Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2 to 3:30 p.m. ET.
- EHR incentive programs for hospitals — Wednesday, Aug. 11, 2 to 3:30 p.m. ET.
- EHR questions and answers for hospitals and individual practitioners — Thursday, Aug. 12, 2 to 3:30 p.m. ET.
The dial-in numbers and materials will be made available prior to each training, and will be announced in AGA eDigest.
A transcript and MP3 file of the call will be available approximately three weeks after the call on the CMS Web site.