Add Diversity Sessions to Your DDW® Event Plan
All AGA members who are underrepresented minorities are invited to attend a new track at DDW®, Pathways to Greater Diversity in GI: DDW Sessions for Minority Physician-Scientists. This group of sessions aims to provide networking, disease awareness and career development opportunities for minority physician-scientists.
Sponsored by the AGA Underrepresented Minorities Committee, the track comprises the following sessions:
- Colon Cancer Screening in African Americans: Should We be Screening at an Earlier Age?, May 18
- Sorcerers and Apprentices: An Evening Reception with AGA Mentors, May 18
- Lo Mejor de DDW: The Best of AGA at DDW in Spanish, May 19
- NEW: Pathways to Greater Diversity in Gastroenterology, May 20 (supported by the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (1R25DK096968-01))
- DDW Diversity Reception, May 20
All events in the track are free, but you must be registered for DDW to attend. To get more information and add the sessions to your DDW itinerary, log in to MyDDW. After logging in, choose "Search Scientific Sessions" from the menu on the left. Search by session name to view presentation details and choose the "Add" button on the left to add each session to your itinerary.