Apply for a Gastric Cancer Research Award
Applications are due Aug. 30 for the R. Robert and Sally Funderburg Research Award in Gastric Cancer.
The objective of this $100,000 award, offered by the AGA Research Foundation, is to enhance the fundamental understanding of gastric cancer pathobiology in order to ultimately develop a cure for the disease. Fields of study that will be considered for funding include:
- Gastric mucosal cell biology.
- Regeneration and regulation of cell growth (not as they relate to peptic ulcer disease or repair).
- Inflammation (including Helicobacter pylori) as precancerous lesions.
- Genetics of gastric carcinoma.
- Oncogenes in gastric epithelial malignancies.
- Epidemiology of gastric cancer.
- Etiology of gastric epithelial malignancies.
- Clinical research in the diagnosis or treatment of gastric carcinoma.
Eligible candidates must hold a full-time faculty position at an accredited North American institution, must be established as an independent investigator, and must be working on novel approaches in gastric biology. Complete eligibility requirements and application information for this award is available on the AGA website.