January Research Award Deadlines
Start your new year by securing research funding for your upcoming projects. Don't miss the deadline to apply for awards offered by the AGA Research Foundation. There are several deadlines coming up this month. Apply today for:
- AGA-Caroline Craig Augustyn & Damian Augustyn Award in Digestive Cancer. One award of $40,000 will support a young investigator, instructor, research associate or equivalent who currently holds a federal or non-federal career development award devoted to conducting research related to digestive cancer. The deadline is Jan. 17.
- The AGA June & Donald O. Castell, MD, Esophageal Clinical Research Award, a $25,000 grant, which provides research and/or salary support for junior faculty involved in clinical research in esophageal diseases. The deadline is Jan. 17.
- The AGA-Elsevier Gut Microbiome Pilot Research Award, which provides $25,000 for one year to early-stage and established investigators to support pilot research projects pertaining to the gut microbiome. The deadline is Jan. 17.
- The AGA-Elsevier Pilot Research Award. A one-year grant providing $25,000 to support pilot research projects in gastroenterology- or hepatology-related areas. Three award recipients will be selected. The deadline is Jan. 17.
- The AGA-Boston Scientific Career Development Technology and Innovation Award will provide $180,000 to a young investigator, instructor, research associate or equivalent working toward independent careers in gastroenterology, hepatology, or related areas focused on technology and innovation. The deadline is Jan. 31.
- AGA-Covidien Research & Development Pilot Award in Technology. This $30,000 research initiative is offered to investigators to support the research and development of novel devices or technologies that will potentially impact the diagnosis or treatment of digestive disease. The deadline is Jan. 31.
There are also several deadlines in February, including the AGA Investing in the Future Student Research Fellowship (due on Feb. 7). Complete information about these and other research awards are available on the AGA website.