Key Dates & Resources for Specialists Attesting for EHR Incentives
Struggling to understand the dates and resources available to help your practice attest for meaningful use of electronic health records (EHR)? Here's some quick information:
Medicare EPs must attest by Feb. 28, 2013.
- Eligible professionals (EPs) who participated in the Medicare EHR Incentive Program in 2012 must complete attestation for the 2012 program year by Feb. 28, 2013.
- In order to be eligible to attest you must have completed your 2012 reporting period by Dec. 31, 2012.
New tipsheet to help specialists meet meaningful use.
Not every meaningful use measure applies to every provider participating in the EHR Incentive Programs. To help specialty providers successfully meet meaningful use measure requirements and navigate the EHR Incentive Programs, CMS created the Meaningful Use for Specialists Tipsheet. It covers:
- Reporting measure exclusions.
- Using other providers' data.
- Determining office visits for applicable measures.
- Applying for a hardship exemption.
CMS offers several other helpful resources, including:
- A Registration & Attestation page that includes information on registration and attestation, and links to additional resources.
- The Meaningful Use Attestation Calculator, which allows EPs and eligible hospitals to determine if they have met the Stage 1 meaningful use guidelines before they attest in the system.
- The Attestation User Guide for Medicare Eligible Professionals, providing step-by-step guidance for EPs participating in the Medicare EHR Incentive Program on navigating the attestation system.
- The Attestation Worksheet for Eligible Professionals, allowing users to enter their meaningful use measure values, creating a quick reference tool to use while attesting.
Make sure to visit the EHR Incentive Programs website for the latest news and updates on the EHR Incentive Programs.