November's Most Retweeted
We understand how busy you are and that you are faced with ever increasing demands for your time. To make life a bit easier, we have compiled our most popular tweets of the month according to our Twitter followers (and potentially your peers), in case you missed them:
- Women w/ UC or Crohn’s have more complications during pregnancy & delivery than women without these diseases. CGH: ow.ly/fm3pJ.
- Anti-clotting agent enoxaparin prevents portal vein thrombosis in patients with cirrhosis. AGA Journals Blog: ow.ly/fgeww.
- Did you eat a lot of fatty food this holiday? Learn how to reduce related gas in the digestive tract: ow.ly/fpe68.
- Overeating can contribute to heartburn. Keep your symptoms under control this holiday season w/ this quick read: ow.ly/fpdYu.
- New article discusses effects of removing goblet cells from requirements for diagnosing Barrett's esophagus. CGH: ow.ly/fhzb3.
- How can you become a successful medical teacher? Dr. Helen Shields, from Harvard Medical School, tells you how ow.ly/f1KF7.
- Postmenopausal hormone therapy associated w/ increased risk of ulcerative colitis, but not Crohn's. Gastro podcast: ow.ly/eYsMK.
- Enoxaparin is safe & effective in preventing portal vein thrombosis in patients w/ cirrhosis. Gastro video abstract: ow.ly/f607N.
Look for another recap in the Dec. 20 issue of AGA eDigest. In the meantime, to keep up on the latest news from the field (delivered in short, timely bits of information), follow us on Twitter @AmerGastroAssn.