HCV Clinical Service Line
Hepatitis C (HCV) is a complex disease to prevent, monitor, and treat. The resources offered as part of the HCV clinical service line are designed to assist health care professionals in improving the process of care for patients.
Use the Latest Guidelines & Care Pathways
Guidelines provide recommendations on the management of patients with HCV. The clinical care pathways/algorithms transform guideline recommendations into clinical steps in caring for a patient with HCV.
- Hepatitis C Screening and Evaluation Clinical Decision Support Tool
- AGA Medical Position Statement on the Management of Hepatitis C
- An Update on Treatment of Genotype 1 Chronic HCV: 2011 Practice Guideline (AASLD) (PDF)
- Diagnosis, Management, and Treatment of Hepatitis C: An Update (AASLD) (PDF)
- Recommendations for the Identification of Chronic HCV Among Persons Born During 1945-1965 (CDC)
- Screening for HCV in Adults (USPSTF)
Educate Your Patients
Materials include AGA brochures and videos to help your patients better understand their condition and facilitate doctor-patient discussions.
Useful information from other organizations:
Measure Your Quality
Several mechanisms are available for capturing quality data related to the care of patients with HCV.
Manage Your Practice and Reimbursement
Manage your practice with useful resources and practice improvement tools including CPT, HCPCS, ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes that are commonly used for GI procedures.
*These documents are not to be construed as standards of coding. All decisions regarding coding of an episode of care should be made by the physician in consideration of all aspects of the patient's specific medical circumstances.
Improve your practice's performance with AGA's resources, remain up-to-date on maintaining your certification, and understand relevant research.