IBD Clinical Service Line
The evaluation and management of patients with suspected or known inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) can be complex. The IBD clinical service line is a resource for health-care professionals who provide care to patients with IBD.
Use the Latest Guidelines & Care Pathways
Guidelines provide recommendations on the management of patients with IBD. The clinical care pathways/algorithms transform guideline recommendations into clinical steps in caring for a patient with IBD.
- Use of Biologic Drugs for Inflammatory Crohn's Disease Guideline
- Use of Biologic Drugs for Inflammatory Crohn's Disease Clinical Decision Support Tool
- AGA's Instant Recommendations for IBD Quality™ mobile app available for iPhones and iPads from iTunes
- AGA Guideline on Diagnosis and Management of CRC in IBD
- Guidelines for the Identification, Assessment and Initial Medical Treatment in Crohn’s Disease Clinical Decision Support Tool
- Know your IBD, webcast series for patients.
Manage Your Practice and Reimbursement
Manage your practice with useful resources and practice improvement tools including CPT, HCPCS, ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes that are commonly used for GI procedures.
- IBD CPT Codes (PDF)
- Crohn's Disease ICD-9 Codes (PDF)
- Ulcerative Colitis ICD-9 Codes (PDF)
- ICD-10 Resource Center
*These documents are not to be construed as standards of coding. All decisions regarding coding of an episode of care should be made by the physician in consideration of all aspects of the patient's specific medical circumstances.
Measure Your Quality
Several mechanisms are available for capturing quality data related to the care of patients with IBD.
Educate Your Patients
- IBD Self-Management: The AGA Guide to Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis (book)
- Preparing for a Capsule Endoscopy (video)
- What to Know About Biologic Therapy in IBD (video)
- Understanding Crohn's Desease (video)
Useful information from other organizations:
Improve the performance of your practice with AGA's Web-based practice improvement modules (PIMs), remain up-to-date on maintaining your certification, and understand relevant research.
- IBD Educational Offerings
- Gastroenterology and CGH IBD Resource Center
- Establishing an IBD Practice in an Accountable World
What to Know About Biologic Therapy in IBD