IBD Clinical Service Line
The evaluation and management of patients with suspected or known inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) can be complex. The IBD clinical service line is a resource for health-care professionals who provide care to patients with IBD.
Use the Latest Guidelines & Care Pathways
Guidelines provide recommendations on the management of patients with IBD. The clinical care pathways/algorithms transform guideline recommendations into clinical steps in caring for a patient with IBD.
- AGA's Instant Recommendations for IBD Quality™ mobile app available for iPhones and iPads from iTunes
- AGA IBD Guideline
- AGA Guideline on Diagnosis and Management of CRC in IBD
- Algorithms for IBD care will be released in summer 2013.
Manage Your Practice and Reimbursement
Manage your practice with useful resources and practice improvement tools including CPT, HCPCS and ICD-9 codes that are commonly used for GI procedures.
- IBD CPT Codes (PDF)
- Crohn's Disease ICD-9 Codes (PDF)
- Ulcerative Colitis ICD-9 Codes (PDF)
- GI Coding Advisor
*These documents are not to be construed as standards of coding. All decisions regarding coding of an episode of care should be made by the physician in consideration of all aspects of the patient's specific medical circumstances.
Educate Your Patients
Materials include AGA brochures and videos to help your patients better understand their condition and facilitate doctor-patient discussions.
- Understanding IBD (PDF)
- IBD Self-Management: The AGA Guide to Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis (book)
- Preparing for a Capsule Endoscopy (video)
Useful information from other organizations:
Improve the performance of your practice with AGA's Web-based practice improvement modules (PIMs), remain up-to-date on maintaining your certification, and understand relevant research.
- IBD Educational Offerings
- Gastroenterology and CGH IBD Resource Center
- Establishing an IBD Practice in an Accountable World
- An IBD Practice Improvement Module (PIM) will be released in summer 2013. Physicians who complete this PIM will be awarded points toward Maintenance of Certification.