CRC Clinical Service Line
The service line for CRC offers tools to become more efficient, understand quality standards, and improve the process of care for patients.
Use the Latest Guidelines & Care Pathways
Guidelines provide recommendations on the screening of patients for CRC. The clinical care pathways/algorithms transform guideline recommendations into clinical steps for screening and surveillance.
- AGA Guideline on Diagnosis and Management of CRC in IBD
- Screening and Surveillance for the Early Detection of CRC and Adenomatous Polyps (U.S. Multi-Society Task Force on CRC) (PDF)
- Guidelines for Colonoscopy Surveillance after Screening and Polpectomy (U.S. Multi-Society Task Force on CRC)
- Screening for CRC (U.S. Preventive Services Task Force) (PDF)
- Algorithms for CRC care will be released in 2014.
Manage Your Practice and Reimbursement
Manage your practice with useful resources and practice improvement tools including CPT, HCPCS and ICD-9 codes that are commonly used for GI procedures.
- AGA's Screening Colonoscopy Bundled Payment Model
- CRC CPT Codes (PDF)
- CRC ICD-9 Codes (PDF)
- GI Coding Advisor
*These documents are not to be construed as standards of coding. All decisions regarding coding of an episode of care should be made by the physician in consideration of all aspects of the patient's specific medical circumstances.
Measure Your Quality
Several mechanisms are available for capturing quality data related to the screening and care of patients.
Educate Your Patients
Materials include AGA brochures and videos to help your patients better understand their condition and facilitate doctor-patient discussions.
Useful information from other organizations:
Remain up-to-date on maintaining your certification and licensure and understand relevant research.