Employing proper and accurate medical coding is important to your bottom line. Undercoding can lead to earned revenue lost. Overcode, and you risk fines.
Whether it's ICD codes, CPT codes or coding compliance, the AGA provides resources to help your practice remain compliant and financially sound.
Coding & Billing Quick Links
2015 CPT Coding Materials
- 2015 CPT Coding Updates Manual: Learn about the 50+ significant changes to CPT coding for gastroenterology, including changes to lower GI endoscopy codes, revisions to the definition of colonoscopy, and new G codes for CMS.
- Coding FAQs - CMS 2015 G-Codes for Lower GI Endoscopy Procedures: Learn how to report the new G codes to Medicare, what report for dual eligibles, and what to do about the new CPT codes that CMS didn’t value.
- 2015 Quick Reference Crosswalk Chart: Crosswalk 2014 to 2015 CPT codes and learn about important guideline and reporting changes. This is a great tool for your billing office staff.
2014 CPT Coding Materials
- What code do I use for Medicare patients the first time I see them in the hospital?
- Now that we can't use the Consultation codes for Medicare patients, what code do we use for the first visit to our office?
- What code do we bill when we are asked to see a Medicare patient in the emergency room?
The CPT Process
Learn how AGA is involved in helping to establish and/or revise current procedural terminology codes used by CMS and payors for reimbursement.
The RUC Process
Learn how AGA helps provide recommendations to CMS for use in updating the Medicare relative value scale.
Coding & Billing Corner
Get answers to your coding and billing questions from AAPC's certified GI coding and billing specialists.
Members receive two free questions per 30-day period and pay $9.99 for five additional questions (member ID required). For non-members, five questions may be purchased for $19.99 (payment required at the time of request).
HHS mandated replacement of the ICD-9 code sets with a more robust set of ICD-10 codes has been delayed to Oct. 1, 2015. The AGA Institute has collaborated with leading organizations to provide you with various resources to help ensure your smooth transition to ICD-10.
GI Coding Programs
Gastroenterology Coding Certification Program
AGA has partnered with the Professional Association of Healthcare Coding Specialists and McVey Associates, Inc. to provide a coding certification program.
Coding and Reimbursement Solutions for Gastroenterology
AGA partners with McVey Associates, Inc. to present one-day coding seminars.
Gastroenterology Quarterly Update Teleconferences
Keep up-to-date on the latest coding, compliance and reimbursement changes with these in-depth, qaurterly teleconferences.