Probiotics and Prebiotics Webinar Series
This series of Webinars addresses the rapidly advancing field of human microbiota and their relationship to health and disease, and the evidence behind using probiotics and prebiotics in the prevention and treatment of GI disorders. The series also provides practical information to help navigate the complex marketplace containing probiotic and prebiotic products, and guidelines on recommendations and use.
The program consists of four segments:
- Human Gut Microbiota and Health - Glenn Gibson, PhD.
- Interventions to Influence Health and Disease with Probiotics - Karen Madsen, PhD.
- Clinical Endpoints Using Probiotics and Prebiotics for IBD, IBS, and Infectious Diarrhea - Fergus Shanahan, MD.
- Practical Guidelines on Probiotics and Prebiotics Use - Michael Cabana, MD, MPH.
Clinical gastroenterologists and researchers
Upon completion of this activity, successful learners will be able to:
- Advise patients on the efficacy and safety of using probiotics and prebiotics under specific clinical conditions.
- Use probiotics and prebiotics in treating digestive diseases and managing digestive health.
- Explain the general guidelines on probiotics and prebiotics use.
The AGA Institute is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The AGA Institute designates this educational activity for a maximum of one AMA PRA Category 1 Credit.™ Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In accordance with the ACCME’s Standards for Commercial Support of Continuing Medical Education, all faculty and planning partners must disclose any financial relationship(s) or other relationship(s) held within the past 12 months.The AGA Institute implements a mechanism to identify and resolve all conflicts of interest prior to delivering the educational activity to learners.
Francisco Guarner, MD, PhD
Digestive System Research Unit
University Hospital Vall d’Hebron
Held in conjunction with the International Scientific Association for Probiotics and Prebiotics (ISAPP) and the International Life Sciences Institute (ILSI) North America, Committee on Gut Microbes and Health. This program is supported by educational grants from Institut Rosell, BioGaia and Yakult.
- Minimum video resolution: 800X600
- Flash Player 8 or later
- Enabled Java Scripts
Listen to a podcast on what probiotics are, their benefits and side effects and how to find the right ones.