Principles of Gastroenterology for the Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant
Aug. 14–16, 2015
Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile, IL
Designed specifically for the diverse needs of the nurse practitioner and physician assistant in the GI practice, attendees will receive in-depth information on GI-specific clinical and practice management issues. In addition to didactic lectures, the program features case-based sessions on managing patients with conditions such as Crohn's disease, hepatitis C, functional bowel disorders and more. Information gained at the course can be immediately applied in both office and hospital settings.
Lena B. Palmer, MD, MSCR
Loyola University Chicago
Sharon L. Dudley-Brown, PhD, FNP-BC, CRNP
Johns Hopkins University
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Summarize the disease burden and current and future treatment options for viral hepatitis, workup of abnormal liver function tests, and management of cirrhosis and hepatic mass lesions.
- Discuss evaluation and treatments for small bowel and colon disorders including IBD, IBS, celiac disease, diarrheal diseases and bacterial overgrowth.
- Review the presentation and management of upper gastrointestinal (esophagus, gastric and duodenum) disease states including, eosinophilic esophagitis, gastroparesis, and ulcer disease.
- Discuss issues involving nutrition for the gastroenterologist.
- Review the presentation and management of various GI malignancies of the upper and lower GI tract, liver and neuroendocrine systems.
- Define and diagnose of various gastroenterological disorders focusing on appropriate diagnostic testing and non-pharmacologic and pharmacologic treatment options, particularly efficacy, dosing and side effects and therapies under investigation.
Registration Information and Fees
Register early to receive a significant discount on your registration fee and to reserve your space at the course. Registrations made on site will be accepted on a space-available basis.
Online registration ends
Aug. 7, 2015.
(By June 8)
(By Aug. 7)
(After Aug. 7)
Not an AGA Member?
Submit a completed membership application with your course registration and pay the AGA member rate.
1If applying for AGA membership, application must be received by June 1, 2015 to register at the early member rate.
2If applying for AGA membership, application must be received by July 31, 2015 to register at the standard member rate.
Course Refund Policy
A written cancellation request must be faxed to AGA Member Services at 301-272-1774 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 24, 2015. There is a $50 processing fee for cancellations made on or before July 24. Refunds will be issued upon cancellation, minus fee. Cancellations received after the stated deadline and “no shows” will not be issued a refund.
Cancellation Policy for Complimentary Registration
Cancellation of complimentary registration must be made by July 25, 2015. Cancellations made after this date, as well as “no-shows,” will be assessed a $50 cancellation fee.
Hotel Reservation Deadline: July 23, 2015
Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
540 N. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
Room rate: $195 single/double occupancy (+16.4% tax)
Make your reservation online or by calling the number provided above. Be sure to mention that you are attending Principles of Gastroenterology for the Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant to receive the discounted rate. Individual reservations require a credit card to guarantee room. Hotel deposit is refundable if reservation is cancelled 72 hours prior to scheduled arrival.
More information coming soon.
Contact Cory Harlow at email@example.com for all course-related questions.
For questions regarding registration, contact AGA Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-941-2651.