18 GIs to Watch: The Newest Class of AGA Future Leaders
The 18 GIs selected to participate in the 2017-2018 program have the potential to make a significant impact on the specialty.
Contact: Rachel Shubert
Bethesda, MD (Feb. 27, 2017) — The American Gastroenterological Association (AGA) has announced the second class of its Future Leaders Program, which was created in 2015 to identify early career gastroenterologists who have the potential to make a significant impact on the specialty. The 18 gastroenterologists selected to participate in the 2017-2018 program stood out for their current achievements, commitment to advancing the field, and potential for future success.
“AGA relies heavily on the engagement and expertise of volunteer leaders to develop programs that continue to advance our specialty and support our members through changes to the health-care delivery landscape,” said Suzanne Rose, MD, MSEd, AGAF, co-program chair for the AGA Future Leaders Program. “The newest class of AGA Future Leaders shows exceptional promise and dedication to the field, and we look forward to working with these rising stars to cultivate the future leaders of AGA and the field of gastroenterology.”
The AGA Future Leaders Program provides a pathway within AGA for selected participants who seek opportunities to support the gastroenterology profession, advance their careers, connect with potential mentors and develop the leadership skills necessary to serve the organization. During this year-long program, participants will receive leadership training and work closely with AGA mentors on projects linked to AGA’s Strategic Plan.
AGA is pleased to announce the second class of the Future Leaders program:
- Arthur Beyder, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor, Mayo Clinic-Rochester
- Brigid S. Boland, MD, Assistant Adjunct Professor of Medicine, University of California, San Diego
- Lea Ann Chen, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, NY
- Bruno P. Chumpitazi, MD, MPH, Director, Neurogastroenterology and Motility Program, Texas Children's Hospital/Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Matthew A. Ciorba, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Washington University in St. Louis, MO
- Katherine S. Garman, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
- Christina Y. Ha, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Los Angeles, David Geffen School of Medicine, CA
- Bryson W. Katona, MD, MS, PhD, Instructor, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
- Peter S. Liang, MD, MPH, Instructor, NYU/Manhattan VA, New York, NY
- Folasade P. May, MD, PhD, MPhil, Assistant Professor of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles; Department of Veterans Affairs, Los Angeles, CA
- Marty M. Meyer, MD, Gastroenterologist, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Susan N. Ramdhaney, MD, AGAF, Gastroenterologist, President Comprehensive Digestive Care, Manhasset, NY
- Jonathan A. Rosenberg, MD, Gastroenterologist, Illinois Gastroenterology Group, Highland Park
- N. Jewel Samadder, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Huntsman Cancer Institute, Salt Lake City, UT
- Siddharth Singh, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of California, San Diego
- Maria I. Vazquez-Roque, MD, MSc, Gastroenterologist, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL
- Sachin B. Wani, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Colorado, Aurora
- Jennifer Weiss, MD, MS, Assistant Professor, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison
The AGA Future Leaders Program will begin with an inaugural meeting on March 3-5, 2017, at the AGA National Office in Bethesda, MD.
Learn more about the AGA Future Leaders program, including the mentors, faculty and program alumni.
About the AGA Institute
The American Gastroenterological Association is the trusted voice of the GI community. Founded in 1897, the AGA has grown to more than 16,000 members from around the globe who are involved in all aspects of the science, practice and advancement of gastroenterology. The AGA Institute administers the practice, research and educational programs of the organization.www.gastro.org.